The Pro Stamping Nail Art Set - MoYou London

14:55

As you may have guessed, we're big fans of nail art (I blame Amy!), and after a particularly good Boots points event and use of student discount, we managed to pick up this MoYou London Nail Art Set which is normally sold at £22.99, for just over £5!
The Pro - MoYou London Stamping Nail Art Set
Included in the kit is their signature silicon nail stamp and scraper along with an instruction manual teaching you how to use it. To get you started (or to grow your collection), they've included three nail varnishes in White Knight, Black Knight and Deep Ocean and two (04 and 08) stainless steel engraved nail stamping plates with 18 designs on each giving a total of 36 different nail options and endless combinations if you layer them up!


Obviously all these options meant that I had to try it out, along with an Essence Thermo Effect Nail Polish in 02 Play It Cool! because who doesn't love a good mint colour?

The Pro Nail Art Set and Essence Thermo Nail Polish in 02 Play it Cool!
I decided to go for a design on plate number 08 in a lovely floral pattern reminiscent of flowers often found on traditional Japanese clothing.
MoYou London Plate 08
I went for a base coat followed by two coats of the Essence Polish and then stamped on the design using the black polish before trying to line it up again and go over it with the white polish since I though the black by itself didn't stand out as much as I wanted it to.

I had a general feeling that the white polish was more pigmented and easier to stamp with in terms of transfer to the stamp (but that might have just been me getting better as I went!) and that the stamp was a lot squishier and stickier than I thought it was :o

The biggest disappointment with the nails this time round was the Essence nail polish. Although it was still a gorgeous colour, it didn't live up to it's Thermo title and I didn't notice any colour change dependent on temperature. It's possible my nails weren't long enough so I'll certainly give it another go, but if not I still have a pretty nail polish to play with!

Have you ever used a nail stamping set yourself? 
What do you think about the whole process? And let me know if you have any tips to share!

-Teneeka x

You Might Also Like

0 comments